Monday, July 12, 2010

A Poem-"Healing"

I was sick 
and then I got better
and it wasn't because a change in the weather
IT WAS A CHANGE IN ME

 Fear
That maybe doctors don't know everything
that maybe there is no drug that can cure me
That maybe there isn't a G-d!

I was sick
and then I got better
and it had nothing to do with anything anyone did-EXCEPT ME!
I was sick because I lived sick.
I ate sick.
I ate pain.
I ate stress.
And my body didn't like it and she fought back.

I took the pills-those little magic capsules of chemical created promises that did nothing!

I did physical therapy until my muscles cried "Stop it already and look deeper"!

I was sick-really sick and then
I GOT BETTER!

I stopped listening to him and started listening to her, my body. My Temple. My holiest of holies. 
And I began to worship the body I was given so my soul could heal.
I took amazing care of my temple and made a sacred promise:

No I will never poison you again.
No I will never deny you perfect nourishment.
No I will never compromise your well being in order to please someone else.

YES to life
YES to love
Yes to Me.

Laura Lehrhaupt 7/12/10

No comments:

Post a Comment