Thursday, December 3, 2009

Your Morning Cup Of Ha-Ha

When I would wake up during my illness I would pray to God. I would pray that it was all a bad dream and the pain wasn't real. But as soon as I put my foot upon the carpet the burning kicked in. I dreaded waking up like that daily. During my healing I began to change the way I woke up. Instead of praying for relief I thanked God for wisdom. The wisdom I am referring to is that of my body. My body is an amazing machine. She can fix herself if I let her. And how could she fix herself in she woke up depressed and hopeless. So I thought that instead of dread I would start each day with laughter. There are so many ways to chuckle in the morning. First and foremost there is www.Youtube.com. Enter funny and you are bound to find something. I also have a dog. He makes me giggle daily. My children make me laugh too but not in the morning. They aren't the morning type. Finally, I laugh because I can. I can laugh because it is free. India Arie, a grammy nominated singer, sings "It doesn't cost a thing to smile. You don't have to pay to laugh. You better thank God for that." And now I do everyday. Enjoy the laughter and be well. Laura L

No comments:

Post a Comment